Current:Home > ContactRekubit-Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says... -Capitatum
Rekubit-Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says...
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 02:14:05
Could Chris Pine be Rekubitheaded back to Genovia?
Following news that a third movie in the Princess Diaries film series is in the works, Chris—who make his feature-length debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement—was asked about his potential involvement.
“I don’t know anything,” he emphatically told Today show co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager during his Oct. 8 appearance. “Call Disney. Call Bob Iger. I don’t know anything about it.”
However, whether or not the Wonder Woman star, 44, is currently in the loop on the project, that doesn’t mean he’s not interested.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he added, “and I would love to come back.”
Earlier this year, the actor revealed just how monumental his breakthrough role as Nicholas Devereaux in the 2004 romantic comedy was to his career.
“I was driving on the freeway—it was the height of summer— and I got a call from my agents that I booked the job,” Chris shared on Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist in May. “I pulled over onto the side of the freeway and they said, ‘You're getting paid $65,000.’ It was like they’d just told me I’d made $50 million. It was absolutely earth-shattering.”
He continued, “I just remember distinctly knowing in that moment that my life had changed somehow.”
E! News previously confirmed that the third installment in the series was moving ahead, with Crazy Rich Asians director Adele Lim set to take over directing duties from Garry Marshall, who directed the first two films before his death in 2016.
“As a diehard fan of the original Princess Diaries, I’m beyond excited to be a part of bringing the third iteration of this beloved franchise to life,” Lim said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating its core tenants of female power, joy and mentorship with audiences worldwide.”
As for Anne—who originated the role of Mia Thermopolis in the first Princess Diaries movie in 2001—she shared her reaction to the upcoming threequel on social media, counting to three before blowing a kiss to the camera and reciting Mia’s iconic “Shut up!”
“Miracles happen,” she captioned the video posted on Instagram Oct. 4. “Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures. The fairy tale continues.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (22698)
Related
- Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
- Lightning strike kills Colorado cattle rancher, 34 of his herd; wife, father-in-law survive
- Evaluation requested for suspect charged in stabbings at Massachusetts movie theater, McDonald’s
- A look at Pope Francis’ comments about LGBTQ+ people
- PHOTO COLLECTION: AP Top Photos of the Day Wednesday August 7, 2024
- Jerry Seinfeld reflects on criticism from pro-Palestinian protesters: 'It's so dumb'
- Son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz denied parole after 12th board appearance
- North Korea says attempt to put another spy satellite into orbit fails, ends in mid-air explosion
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares She Experienced 5 Failed IVF Cycles and 3 Retrievals Before Having Son Rocky
Ranking
- Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
- Book Review: So you think the culture wars are new? Shakespeare expert James Shapiro begs to differ
- Why Gypsy Rose Blanchard Doesn't Want to Be Treated Like a Celebrity
- See Gigi Hadid Support Bradley Cooper at BottleRock 2024
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- North Carolina audit finds misuse of university-issued credit cards
- US consumer confidence rises in May after three months of declines
- What is matcha? What to know about the green drink taking over coffeeshops.
Recommendation
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
Another Outer Banks house collapses into the ocean, the latest such incident along NC coast
Planned Ross Stores distribution center in North Carolina to employ 850
ConocoPhillips buying Marathon Oil for $17.1 billion in all-stock deal, plus $5.4 billion in debt
3 years after the NFL added a 17th game, the push for an 18th gets stronger
Federal investigation of former Ohio House speaker ends with no charges filed
Ryan Salame, part of the ‘inner circle’ at collapsed crypto exchange FTX, sentenced to prison
My Favorite SKIMS Drops This Month: Mini Dresses, Rompers & My Forecast For Summer's Top Trend